CABABIN

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

at&t -- cingular -- at&t


I haven't heard anyone mention this, and it's been bugging me. Maybe it's been discussed to death already and I just haven't heard about it on the morse code machine we use to communicate with the world up here in the woods, but what's going on with cingular becoming at&t ?? I've known about the 'new' merger for a while now... but has everyone forgotten that we just completed one of the longest brand transitions I can remember in my history on this planet? It took cingular over 18 months to fully take-over at&t. There were various combinations of the two logos... color palettes... etc.

And finally, when it's all finished, and at&t can be forgotten... the switch is pulled the other way.

Not sure why all this is going down. Perhaps cingular has finally realized that everyone is calling them on 'the network with the fewest dropped calls', and wants to run from the tagline by re-merging into big daddy at&t. Or maybe it's just a high-level financial play.

Whatever.

Cingular is cooler than the new AT&T. I'm bummed.

I wonder if Apple knew about this when they negotiated the deal around the iPhone...

-----

Post Update. I just did a little search and found that yes, over 700,000 people have already been talking about this topic on YouTube. Funny vid... check it out:

1 Comments:

  • video link is busted.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home